This statement of intent sets out our plans to provide on-line facilities for our patients by 31st March 2015 in line with the requirements of the national GP Contract.
These facilities are:
- The facility to book appointments online
- The facility to request repeat prescriptions online
- The facility to view basic information from your medical record online
- Automated uploads of Summary Care records
- Electronic transfer of patient records via GP2GP record transfer.
The new requirements are outlined below, together with our current position:
Electronic appointment booking
Practices are required to promote and offer the facility for all patients who wish to book, view, amend, cancel & print appointments online
- We currently offers the facility for appointment booking on-line
Electronic requesting of repeat prescriptions
Practices are required to promote and offer the facility for all patients who wish to order on-line, view and print a list of their repeat prescriptions for necessary drugs, medicines or appliances.
- We currently offer the facility for electronic requesting of repeat prescriptions.
Patient access to view summary information of their GP record online
Practices are required to promote and offer the facility for patients to view online, export or print any summary information from their record, relating to medications, allergies, adverse reactions and any other items agreed between the practice and the individual patient.
- We now offer the facility for patient to view their summary information from their GP record online.
Automatic uploads of Summary Care Record information
Practices are required to enable automated uploads of any changes made to their patients Summary Care Record (SCR) on a daily basis.
Having your Summary Care Record available will provide key information about medication you may be taking, and any medication that you have a recorded allergy or adverse reaction towards. This information will only be provided to clinical staff treating you that do not have access to your full medical record.
- We are currently providing automated uploads of Summary Care Records on a daily basis.
***Please note that automatic SCR uploads will not be provided for patients who have chosen to opt-out of SCR ***
GP2GP electronic health record transfers
Practices are required to utilise the GP2GP facility for the transfer of patient records between practices, when a patient registers or de-registers.
The GP2GP facility provides the ability for patient records to be transferred quickly and securely from one practice to the next as a patient re-registers or de-registers & ensures that the patient record can be integrated as appropriate to ensure there is continuity of the record over time.
- GP2GP facility has been enabled
- We currently request electronic health records from other practices via GP2GP when a new patient registers
- We currently send electronic health records to other practices via GP2GP when a patient leaves the practice.