Practice remains open during Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic. Visit our news section for more information.
We are currently open.
We also offer appointments on Thursday evenings between 6:30pm-7:15pm and Wednesday mornings 7:15am-8:00am. These appointments are now run by the doctors and are generally for commuters or patients who look after their elderly relatives during the day.
Out of Hours Service – NHS 111
If you urgently need to see a doctor and the surgery is closed, call NHS 111 for health advice or a doctor’s appointment.
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
Call NHS 111 if
- You need medical help fast but it’s not an emergency
- You don’t have a GP
- You need to access a GP but your surgery is closed
- You don’t know who to call
- You need health information or reassurance about what to do next
When you call NHS 111, a team of fully trained healthcare advisors supported by clinical advisors is here to help you.
They will ask you questions to assess you and can also give you fast and easy access to a range of clinical staff if required, including GPs, nurses and prescribing pharmacists.
NHS111 can then direct you further to the local health service which can help you best. This could be an out-of-hours doctor, a late-opening pharmacy or an urgent care centre.
Benefits of calling NHS 111 when your GP is closed
- Get advice from a wide range of healthcare professionals including GPs, nurses, pharmacists and mental health professionals
- No time spent waiting at A&E if your condition could be better treated elsewhere
- Your GP will receive a report of the service we provided for their records if you are happy for us to do so, making sure they are aware of any special help you might need
- Different healthcare services and providers are now connected, making it easier for you to get the help you need
- If you have complex needs, you could be given quicker access to the help you require
- You will be cared for in the right place for your health needs, ensuring you receive the right care for your condition
We can now offer routine GP, Nurse and HCA appointments in your area during the evenings and at weekends, as part of an ‘Extended Access’ service for patients registered at practices in Hertford, Hoddesdon, Buntingford, Ware and the surrounding areas.
You will be able to book routine appointments to see a GP, Nurse or other health professional in the evenings between 18:30-20:30 and at weekends from 08:00-13:00.
Appointments can be booked in advance and some are available on the day.
The clinics will be held in Hanscombe House, Hertford.
For more information on the extended access service or to book (or cancel) an appointment please contact your practice during normal opening hours.
If you require a same day routine appointment on a Saturday or Sunday please call 07535 086314.